Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Make it stop.

My last post was a fun day in the snow... back when we loved the snow. Now, not so much. Make it STOP!! Due to the crazy amounts of snow and ice all over the pacific northwest they canceled all the flights into portland and seattle yesterday resulting in a long, disappointing day at the airport. We've been talking up Christmas at Grandma's so much Izak was in tears several times yesterday when we had to explain why we couldn't "get on airplane to go gramagrampa house." So last night after returning home we decided to drive I ran to the store for travel food, a DVD player and some Diego and we were set, or so we thought. turns out all the roads we would be driving on to get to WA are closed. :( Now that I've complained, there are a couple big things I am thankful for... first off, we are all still together as a family and that's important to me.  Secondly, at least we are stranded at home instead of some awful airport in some other state where we have no place to go. We're still hopeful they might add a flight to portland today or tomorrow but if not, we'll be around. :) Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

lindsay Roscoe said...

You made it and you got there!! HOORAY!! I am glad you guys made it "home" for the holidays. Merry Christmas guys! Calli says Merry Christmas family!

Renee' P said...

Tell me about it! I am living right in the middle of all this snow!!!
So, did you make it to your Mom's? My mom was supposed to go to Wapato yesterday, but we got hit w/more snow and they didn't want to chance it.
She was really bummed.
Today my parents left for Hoquiam and so far so good.
Hope you and your family have a great Christmas!

Love you.

The Bishops said...

Oh that is terrible!! It's hard to disappoint the little guys now that they understand what's going on! Well I hope everything works out for you guys and that your safe!! Merry Christmas!!

greenqueen said...

Love that family picture. Gorgeous. Dang snow. . .so sorry. Come play soon! We have a messy toy disaster that the kids seem to enjoy so much that we'll put up with it!

My Rags to Riches said...

Oh man Im sorry! I hope that where ever you ended up having Christmas that it turned out to be great!!!

Anonymous said...

So that's what happened! I was wondering.